Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh boy!

Have you ever had that 'Why did I bother' day?



I did today. I wanted to finish block 2 of 'Breast of Friends' and I really shouldn't have tried. I am hopeless at maths and my apologies to my grade 10 maths teacher when I scoffed at her as she told me that I needed to know how to add up fractions because one day I might need them. Well today I needed to add up and nothing worked. I was sure I wasn't that dumb..........................HA!!! I am............lol With the help of Rose , a panic call to Pauline and an email to Homespun................................the block finally worked. Thanks to Roses good maths everything added up......................lol I took a deep breath and finished it. What should have taken 30mins to complete took me 2hrs. Oh well, here it is........


And here is block 1 with the borders.


After this I am going to stick to sewing clothes, dolls and bags................No more quilts........................hmmmm.

Enjoy your evening

Jules

7 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Well they look gorgeous hun!! Glad we could sort it out.....or though u had me all confused for awhile (doesnt take much!! lol) Its those darn fractions, they get u everytime!!! lol
Big hugs xxx

Jo in TAS said...

They look fabulous Jules! Where did you get the fabrics from?

Susan In Texas said...

The blocks look just lovely! You're giving up quilting!?! Oh don't say that!

Happy stitching,
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

barb's creations said...

Hi Jules,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog regarding the homespun BOM.I love how yours has turned out.Don't feel too bad I did the same thing with block one and also callen in the Homespun team for help.Darn those fractions they should be outlawed from quilting.Barb

Sarah said...

Oh Jules, your blocks look fantastic!! I have FINALLY finished block 1 - though still have to add the borders, and I am yet to start on 2..... wont be long till the next issue is out lol!! So, what happened with block 2 - anything I should know??
x Sarah

MissyMack said...

I am really not good at maths myself, and often struggle with it.
Your blocks look great though by the way! Even after all that effort!

Christine said...

Your blocks look great. Glad they worked out in the end. Hope you feel like doing some more soon. You will have a delightful quilt.
Christine